- Spain averages 320 days of sunshine each year! Last year in 2017Alhaurin El Grande had 277 clear days of sunshine.
- The fabulous beaches of the Costa del Sol are just 20 mins (Fuengirola) – 35 mins (Marbella) away from Alhaurin El Grande.
- Malaga Airport is the closest airport just 4km from Alhaurin El Grande. It takes just 25 minutes to get there in the car.
- The scenery all around the Guadalhorce valley is absolutely stunning.
- The connection roads are wide, free of traffic and easy to navigate.
- The public transport to Malaga and the coast is frequent.
- Alhaurín el Grande is a municipality of Málaga province. It has a population of 24,338 people.
- International buyers make up 32.9% of the property market and the population of Alhaurín el Grande has grown by 7,317 (43%) since 2000.
- Market activity in Málaga province is currently 33% below its peak in 2007. There were 7,676 property transactions registered in Q1 2017.
- House prices are 5.5% up on the previous year and house sales are 14.9% up on the previous year.
The area surrounding Alhaurin is mostly vast mountain plains, rolling hills and mountains. From the town, you can also catch a glimpse of the “Hoya de Malaga” or Malaga Vale. This view is a wide carpet of Lemon and Fruit Trees that fill the valley.
The town consists of narrow, winding streets with Alhaurin Town Hall and the impressive church of Vera Santa Cruz located in the main square.
Alhaurin El Grande has had a colourful past including a period when its inhabitants were free from taxes. This all ended in tears after the local administration failed to control the town efficiently and the then King of Spain ordered Alhaurin to come under the wing of the Jurisdiction of Spain. These events led to several years of disorder for the people of Alhaurin.
For sports enthusiasts, the town also has its own Golf Course. Alhaurin´s 18 hole par 72 course was designed by Seve Ballesteros and you will also find a nine hole par 3 course bordering a beautiful lake.
The par 72 course is of international quality with rich green fairways and greens surrounded by dense pine forests. Set within the Sierra de Mijas Hills the course gives excellent views down to the coast and across the Mediterranean to Africa.
There is no shortage of hotels in Alhaurin and as each year goes buy there are more and more private holiday homes available for rental.