Townhouses for sale in Alhaurin El Grande
Alhaurin El Grande is a mountainside village in the Guadalhorce valley located in the province of Malaga. Townhouses for sale in Alhaurin El Grande are typically stone built. They have thick walls and small windows, clay tile roofs and tend to be dark inside. This is to keep the townhouses cool in the hot summer months. Most have small internal patios and roof terraces which the Spanish tend to cover with metal roofs to create shade.
Foreigners moving here usually prefer light and airy properties with sunny terraces. These are hard to find so be prepared to do some alterations to enable these changes to the properties.
Townhouses in Alhaurin El Grande are ideal for families with children at the local village schools, people who want to be close to amenities and may not have transport, or as a holiday home to lock up and leave or to rent out for holiday lets.
The current prices of townhouses in Alhaurin El Grande range from about 60,000 euros upwards. These will need reforming as the kitchens and bathrooms are very old-fashioned. For a reformed property with 2/3 bedrooms, you will need around 155,000 euros upwards. If you are prepared to do major reforms then there are bank repossessions available at cheaper prices.
If you are thinking of reforming a townhouse in Alhaurin El Grande yourself then we can offer you guidance and recommendations to help you along. There are reputable English speaking builders and architects that will provide you with quotations and references and show you their previous projects. If you are not in Spain to manage the project they will also be able to manage this for you.
Here is a link to all of the townhouses available for sale in Alhaurin el Grande:https://danpropertyinspain.com/property-search/?ref=&location%5B%5D=costa-del-sol-alhaurin-el-grande&search_location_1=valle-de-guadalhorce&search_location_2=costa-del-sol-alhaurin-el-grande&type%5B%5D=townhouse&status=sale&beds=&baths=&min=&max=
If you are thinking of buying a townhouse in Alhaurin El Grande to let out for holiday lets then Alhaurin El Grande is a very sought after area being so well situated. You will need to obtain a license from a lawyer to let out your property details can be found here: https://danpropertyinspain.com/what-do-i-need-to-do-to-rent-out-my-house-in-spain-for-holiday-lets/
Some areas of the town of Alhaurin El Grande are more sought after than others so if you are buying for investment or to sell on then we can advise you on the more popular areas to buy.
Alhaurin El Grande is a very pretty and well-kept town with breathtaking views from parts of it over the whole Guadalhorce valley. The town sits on the edge of The Sierra de Mijas providing a beautiful evergreen backdrop. Due to the abundance of water from the Sierra de Mijas mountain the area is renowned for growing and producing oranges, lemons and avocados.
It is very popular with British people and Dutch people although there are many other nationalities living here. Most of the Locals speak English although they obviously appreciate it if you try to use a little Spanish. For local lessons check out: http://www.eurolinkalhaurin.com
If you are looking to make a permanent move to Alhaurin El Grande then there are facebook groups to help you find out about all sorts of things going on locally. https://www.facebook.com/groups/159180484718509/
10 facts you should know when Searching for a Property in Alhaurin El Grande.
- Spain averages 320 days of sunshine each year! Last year in 2017Alhaurin El Grande had 277 clear days of sunshine.
- The fabulous beaches of the Costa del Sol are just 20 mins (Fuengirola) – 35 mins (Marbella) away from Alhaurin El Grande.
- Malaga Airport is the closest airport just 18km from Alhaurin El Grande. It takes just 25 minutes to get there in the car.
- The scenery all around the Guadalhorce valley is absolutely stunning.
- The connection roads are wide, free of traffic and easy to navigate.
- The public transport to Malaga and the coast is frequent.
- Alhaurín el Grande is a municipality of Málaga province. It has a population of 24,338 people.
- International buyers make up 32.9% of the property market and the population of Alhaurín el Grande has grown by 7,317 (43%) since 2000.
- Market activity in Málaga province is currently 33% below its peak in 2007. There were 7,676 property transactions registered in Q1 2017.
- House prices are 5.5% up on the previous year and house sales are 14.9% up on the previous year.
Top Ten things to do in Alhaurin El Grande https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g664991-Activities-Alhaurin_el_Grande_Costa_del_Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalucia.html
See our video of the townhouses of Alhaurin El Grande: